Sustainable travel in Gambia and Senegal
A first contact with the diversity of ethnic groups and communities of Gambia and Senegal, two West African countries where we will be able to discover and live their traditions and lifestyles.
Palm trees and rice fields are mixed among the tropical vegetation of this region of fresh atmosphere and intense colors.
A very special trip for the end of the year that will allow you to discover the sub-Saharan Africa living with its traditions and lifestyles.
All of this experience will be done through responsible tourism, guaranteeing an authentic and respectful experience.
- Collaboration with the Kalamissoo Group in Oussouye through a local craft workshop in the region
- Support for ASSET activities that support young local entrepreneurs and other small local tourism companies
- Cultural immersion and emphasis on the local traditions of the region
- Accommodations in camps run by small organizations and local families that promote the local economy and conservation
- Respect for decent working conditions for everyone
Trip designed following the criteria of responsible and sustainable tourism to promote sustainable development based on respect for local culture, the environment, and promoting the local economy. At the same time we offer an authentic and enriching cultural exchange experience.
Type of accommodation
Day 1: Accommodations at Leybato Lodge.
Day 2: Accommodations in Abekum camp.
Day 3: Accommodations in the Niomoune Alouga ecocamp.
Day 4: Accommodations at Camp Effrane
Day 5: Accommodations in the Emanaye camp.
Day 6: Accommodations in the Emanaye camp.
Day 7: Accommodations at Kajamor ecolodge
Day 8: Return trip
What the price includes
- Airport–hotel–airport transfer
- Transport in 4×4 or adapted minibus
- River transport
- Accommodations in a double room with full board
- Spanish-speaking guide throughout the journey who speaks the local languages (Wolof, Diola, and Mandinka) fluently and knows the region well
- Activities and workshops detailed in the itinerary and visits to organizations and projects
- Health insurance
×Unspecified meals and drinks
×Gambia visa (once we return from Casamance) costs 3,000 Dalasis (about €68)
Day 1 Origin city– Banjul.
Day 2 Tujereng – Thionck Essyl.
Day 3 Thionck Essyl – Niomoune.
Day 4 Niomoune – Karabane – Effrane.
Day 5 Effrane – Kagnout – Mlomp – Oussouye.
Day 6 Oussouye – Niambalang – Oussouye.
Day 7 Oussouye – Ziguinchor – Tanji (Gambia).
Travel experience and social and cultural contact with local people.
Participation in workshops and first-hand experience in associations, NGOs, and cooperatives working for the social improvement of the host country.
The adventure of discovering unique sites and enjoying moments of leisure.
Benefits of the activity
Nature is generous, creative, and knowing. That’s why it’s the perfect place to disconnect, breathe fresh air, get rid of everyday anxiety, and feel at peace with yourself. Whether you like to mountain climb, bike, or hike, nature will welcome you with open arms so that you can enjoy all its benefits:
• Outdoor activity is an immediate and highly effective remedy for stress because the endorphins that your body releases when you are active are responsible for plunging you into a state of satisfaction, well-being, and absolute serenity.
• Whether you want to stay fit, gain stamina, or lose weight, outdoor activities can be your best ally. Dive into the smells and textures of the mountain and woods and let your body adapt and overcome the challenges of nature.
• Did you know that contact with nature increases a person’s sense of freedom? Put your sneakers on and get ready to take care of both your body and your mind.
What to do in the area
Senegal is not a fashionable country. It does not have an excess of tourism, and that tourism approaches zero in low season. When you decide to go to Africa it isn’t the first country to come to mind, except for the endemic problem of poverty and migrants.
Gambia is the smallest country in mainland Africa. It stretches 400 kilometers into the heart of Senegal. Although many may think that its greatest charm is its beaches, “the smiling coast” has a good number of attractions beyond this little claim to fame.
Fishing villages, extensive nature reserves, World Heritage, and the eternal smile of its people who show the world how little it takes to overcome any adversity.
The reservation can be cancelled at any time before the beginning of the trip, with the following implications:
If the cancellation takes place before 30 days of the beginning of the trip -including the 30th day-, the full amount of the trip will be refunded.
If the cancellation takes place between 15 and 29 days before the beginning of the trip, 50% of the total amount of the trip will be refunded.
If the cancellation takes place 14 days before the trip, the amount of the trip will not be refunded.