CANYONING IN THE INCREDIBLE SIERRA DE GUARA
Enjoy an incredible 3-day adventure canyoning and visiting Alquézar, considered one of the most beautiful villages in Spain
You will overcome all the changes in the river’s course, walking, swimming and jumping, feeling nature in its purest form
We will carry out canyoning activities according to your level
Experience the Somontano region, land of wine, rivers and climbing, sleeping in a charming village with incredible views and walking tours
Take advantage of this trip to connect with nature and do this adventure sport
- Small group
- Canyoning on the river Vero or on the Peonera depending on the conditions and our level
- Full day activity, approaching the river on foot and descending for about 4/5 hours
- Guide, insurance and material included for the activities
- Self-guided visit by Alquezar
- Marked routes for hiking or renting a bike
Canyoning is an adventure sport to go through canyons or ravines of a river, you can do it without having done it before, according to the level you are you will do the descent through rivers with different difficulties
It is practiced with a wetsuit and neoprene boots or appropriate footwear
Many times the obstacles to overcome are voluntary and one can decide to do them or not, rappels or ‘washing machines’ you can decide to do them or take alternative routes
If you are into adventure you can enjoy jumping into crystal clear and turquoise waters
CHOICE OF LEVEL
Level 1: For those who have not done so before
Level 2: For those who have previously done this activity
Type of accommodation
Typical hostel of the area in a beautiful village of Adahuesca, shared rooms with fully equipped beds where you can rest.
The hostel has; common area where you can eat or rest in front of a fireplace, the dining area where breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared, area to store and heat food, area to wash and hang neoprene and the toilet service.
In the hostel we can also find a bar-cafeteria, specialized in breakfast and a garden-terrace outside with some tables where we can sit outdoors to read, rest and disconnect.
Day 1: Arrival at the establishment and hiking in the area, do not forget to try the wine of Somontano
Day 2: Full breakfast to get your strength back, then travel to the area where you will walk to get to the exit of the ravine
During the day the canyoning activity will take place and in the afternoon you will return to your accommodation and take a well-deserved rest
Day 3: Full breakfast and transfer to Alquézar, self-guided tour of the incredible beauty of the town
Benefits of the activity
Nature is generous, creative and wise; that’s why it’s the perfect place to disconnect, breathe fresh air, get rid of everyday anxiety and feel at peace with yourself. Whether you like climbing, cycling or hiking, nature will welcome you with open arms so that you can enjoy all its benefits:
- The practice of sport outdoors is an immediate and highly effective remedy to combat stress, because the endorphins that your body releases when you practice sport are responsible for immersing you in a state of satisfaction, welfare and absolute serenity.
- Whether you want to stay in shape or gain stamina or lose weight, outdoor sports can be your best ally. Take in the scents and textures of the mountains and forests and let your body adapt and overcome the challenges of nature.
- Did you know that contact with nature increases a person’s feeling of freedom? Put on your sneakers and get ready to take care of your body and mind equally.
How to get there
The fastest way is to get there by car going to Barbastro and then taking the road to Alquézar taking the detour to the village of Adahuesca. From Barbastro to Adahuesca it is 15 minutes by car.
If you come by the highway from Huesca you must leave in exit Abiego.
What to do in the area
Huesca is an ideal summer destination with many areas to visit and enjoy
A province full of contrasts, from the most desert landscapes to the highest peaks of the Iberian Peninsula, from the eternal ice of the glaciers to the most impressive waterfalls, from the first Romanesque monuments to the unknown Mudejar route, legendary castles and traditions.
– Ordesa National Park and Monte Perdido
– Posets-Maladeta Natural Park
– Natural park of the sierra and the guara canyons
The reservation can be cancelled at any time before the beginning of the trip, with the following implications:
If the cancellation takes place before 30 days of the beginning of the trip -including the 30th day-, the full amount of the trip will be refunded.
If the cancellation takes place between 15 and 29 days before the beginning of the trip, 50% of the total amount of the trip will be refunded.
If the cancellation takes place 14 days before the trip, the amount of the trip will not be refunded.